I can only imagine after seeing the title to this blog you must be thinking this post is going to be very interesting or very weird. I must say I think it's a very interesting and weird story.
I have to credit Bill Maher for giving me the inspiration for this post as I had totally forgotten about this crazy story. It happened just a few weeks ago in Florida when a man, who was high on "bath salts", ate a homeless man's face...literally. Now whenever I hear bath salts I am thinking actual salts a person would use in their bubble baths, that is not the case with these bath salts. It is a new kind of drug that apparently does some pretty crazy things to a person's brain.
This story is actually very sad, two men ended up dying and drugs are to blame. The man who was high found this homeless man on the side of the street, began eating his face, and when the police came and tried to get the man to stop, he wouldn't, he kept on eating and ultimately the police had to shoot him.
This is more than a perfect example of why any substance that can cause this type of psychotic reaction should not be legal, even when they are called "bath salts" and marketed to be for your bath. This has been a controversy for some time now and this goes to show you that the fight to ban these types of substances must be ongoing until something happens.
I chose Zombie Apocalypse for this title thanks to last weeks episode of Bill Maher, he discussed the Florida story and also brought to light the fact that a similar thing happened on the East Coast recently. This time a college student had eaten his roommates brain and heart. This seems to be a bit more disturbing. The authorities in both cases are blaming the use of "bath salts."
No comments:
Post a Comment